Saturday, February 28, 2015

Thread Drawing


I love drawing with thread, which is essentially embroidery.  But I am lazy and stubborn, so as the band say's… I can go my own way.   Practice makes perfect, and I obviously haven't practiced embroidery enough.  But my grandmother's 80th birthday was a day away and as usual, I had nada.  Itching for some stitchery, I penciled on a scripture fitting of this precious woman and sketched a simple line drawing representing my sweet Nonnie.  Being left handed, I could not for the life of me get the stem stitch, so I ended up basically making up my own.  All in all, I felt like it looked ok enough to give her, but if I had time I would've done it over.  This could maybe qualify as a grown up version of giving her a picture to hang on the fridge :) .  It really is "crude" but I guess it represents my style anyway.   I finished it off with a pretty silk ribbon at the top and  wrapped her up.  Nonnie seemed to like it. 
It has inspired me to do a Proverbs 31 series.  That should give me some practice.  There are a lot of verses in Proverbs 31. 

Peace out,
Micah

No comments: