Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Satellite" Studio Space

I've been a little frustrated about time management lately.  If I'm not at work, I'm running Miss Priss' taxi service or (trying) to stay on top of all the many other required home exec. duties. There is no time left to make any art.  Sometimes, it's as if I'm going to explode if I don't get some things out... know what I mean?  
So... with my sweet eldest "baby" boy all grown and off to Youth Challenge for 6 months and feeling a bit lonely for him, I've decided NOT obsess over staying on top of things at the house.  I signed up for a class (Pages and Paint w/ Sarah Bellamare Ahearn)
I grabbed a few basics from the studio and set up a little painting spot in the house.  The painting above was not actually part of the class BUT it was part of an "AHA" moment unknowingly given to me by Sarah.  I'm loving the class and already sad to see it on its way out the door.  Like a fried who has traveled from afar to visit with me and I'm sitting here watching her pack her bags to leave.  I'll sure miss our visits.  


These are a couple of the assignments from Pages and Paint:

happy day!
Micah

No comments: