Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finding Treasures

I love this photo of my grandmother (center) with her sisters and friends.



My imagination just ran wild when I discovered it. I decided not to ask her to tell me about it until after I added my own little 'story' to it. Once it was finished she shared with me the story behind the picture. I loved watching her wheels turning as she put names with the faces. Her face lit up as she recalled the memories of days gone by. I don't think I could ever hear enough about the seemingly far away past as if it were really just yesterday. I'm starting to realize as I roll along creating the story of my life, the past starts to mesh with the present. I can already see myself sitting with my granddaughter, telling the stories of my old photos, recalling sweet times. Nonnie's birthday is next month. I think I know what she's getting from me. :)
Happy Day!


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this!!! And such a sweet story to go with it. Hope all is well with you and 2nd Sat Studio! Have a great day ;-)
Lisa

Dea said...

Yes friend, you are right. Won't be long before Naomi starts getting a ear full of Dandy's stories! Love this treasure so much!

Connie said...

You are going to make your grandmother cry tears of joy. This will probably be one of the nicest presents she's ever gotten. One because it brings back sweet memories and the other because it was made from your heart, and it's gorgeous. thanks for sharing, your new fan and fellow blogger, Connie

christy murray said...

this piece is so beautiful and meaningful...i love art with a story. you and your grandmother are so lucky to have each other.