Sunday, May 15, 2011

Contemplation



This painting is the result of "Portraits and Papers" workshop by one of my very favorite artists Jane Desrosier.  Her work is amazing and she is kind enough to share her experience.  Hopefully, I can take some of the great techniques she taught and evolve them into my own style.
This is my interpretation of a photo of a painting I found while flipping through one of Cheri's (my super duper artist friend) art magazines.
I am loving this workshop.  More "AHA" moments than I can count!  (Thanks Jane!)

 

4 comments:

Jane said...

so happy to hear you have been enjoying the class. your painting is fabulous and i can see how you have been able to apply what you have learned. keep up the good work!

Julie-ann Bowden said...

This painting is truly beautiful. So nice for you to share you gift here. Thank you!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your painting is wonderful!

Whimsical Folk Art Blog said...

I like this piece...