Thursday, October 1, 2009

Experimenting...


My aunt and dad a "few" years ago




Not sure who these people are but I picked them up from the junk-tique store and gave them a proper home.


These two ornaments (front and backs) are the result of off and on experimenting.  I've played with soldering for a while now but step away for long bouts of time because of frustration.  Back at it again, I decide the work is fair enough to publish.  (Won't publish anything that wouldn't measure up to my "fancy" meter.) 
This crafty art project has given me loads of enjoyment.  I think I might just stick with it this time and see if I can't make some improvements.  I just love photos from long ago.  They are so full of nostalgia and sweet character.  Zoom in and read the words taken from early 20th century text.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on suggestions for improvement or other ideas.  I actually take constructive criticism and use it!  Thanks!!

Photobucket

8 comments:

julie Haymaker thompson said...

OH I i have to say I find soldering so Hard but Good girls keep it up. Your little painting below this post is terribly cute too!

noodle and lou said...

well, i just adore them micah!!! the house shape is so super sweet. i love old photos too and that is so cute of your dad and aunt. i'm with julie...love, love, LOVE that "happy fall ya'll" painting!!!

happy weekend!! xox...jenn

Christina Colwell said...

These are so rich. Very nice work.
So happy to have just found your site. Feel free to drop by some time.

sanda reynolds Mullingar,Ireland said...

Soooo LOVELY!!!
Hugs, Sanda xx

anni said...

I really love them! You should keep going. (Thanks for asking about me on my blog. I am finally off crutches, but have been experiencing so many complications from the whole thing that I am a little down. Thanks for checking in on me.)

Michelle Eaton said...

Hi Micah, I have an award for you on my blog :)

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

These are so wonderful!

Kathryn Ramos said...

Hi Micah~ Love these ornaments, think I'm going to give them a try. It will put a bunch of my chandelier crystals to good use :) Love, love your blog.
p.s. I also follow NieNie, she is wonderful!
Happy New Year....Kathryn