Monday, June 22, 2009

Fairy Fly


This is the result of an online class I'm taking by
Wyanne Thompson. I'm having a ball learning some really great techniques.
This little painting comes from real life inspiration. (Love it when that happens!) We were at the lake late one night out on the boat stargazing. The stars performed and we were excited to see the big dipper, and the north star among others. In a quiet relaxing moment we spotted a crazy star we figured to be a satellite. We watched as it moved in an erratic crazy fashion. I swear we thought it was a million miles in the sky but just as we were really getting into the moment, a firefly immerged in it's place. Right in front of our noses. Then as quickly as we realized what it was, it flew away. We had a great laugh! Trickery from the stars... a little joke from the heavens.
Many Blessings
Micah

7 comments:

Miss Sandy said...

Hi Micah,

Thank you for your recent visit to my blog, Quill Cottage. I received your comment about looking for Arkansas blogger who are mixed media artists. I would love to hear more about the art group you mentioned. In all honesty I thought there might only be about a dozen bloggers in the whole state as I have come across very few. It is nice to meet a fellow artist. Your paintings are simply amazing, I love them!

I was wondering if you had contacted Lori Oles of Vintage Vanity? She is an amazing artist who has been featured many times in various Sommerset publications and she lives in NW AR.

Can you tell me a few of the specifics of joining the group? You can contact me via email at:

srpbabb@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Sandy

Michelle Eaton said...

This is great! I better get a wriggle on if I want to enter one.

anni said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I really love your artwork too. Keep painting!
Annette

Rui Sousa said...

Lovely, really nice work! congratulations!

sarah said...

I love when real life shows up in my paintings too. Lately it's been weather, hot, humid weather.
Lovely painting!

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

Beautiful painting Micah! Thanks for visiting me♥

Hope you're enjoying Wyanne's classes, I love watching her videos!
Darla

Funky Art Queen said...

I would love to be on a little boat like that gazing at the stars. I think nature is the best muse for our creativity.